Ruth Study 1
Read Ruth Chapter 1
1. Who was Ruth, and how did she end up in Bethlehem?
2. What motivated Ruth to stay with Naomi rather than return to Moab?
Read 1 Kings 11:7 and 2 Kings 3:26-27
3. What kind of gods did the Moabites worship?
Read Ruth Chapter 2
4. What do we learn about Boaz?
5. What was it about Ruth’s character and actions that impressed Boaz?
6. How did God look after Ruth and Naomi?
7. How does God provide for us today?
Ruth Study 2
Read Ruth 3
1. How did Naomi plan to help Ruth?
2. What bold move did Ruth make? Why?
3. How did Boaz respond to Ruth’s actions?
4. What stopped Boaz from proposing marriage to Ruth immediately? What did he promise?
5. Why did the first kinsman decide not to redeem Naomi and Ruth’s land?
6. When Boaz declared he would marry Ruth, what was the reaction of the townspeople?
Read Ruth 4:9-17
7. Naomi adopts Ruth’s first son Obed as her own. He becomes her kinsman redeemer (verses 14-16) and inherits his grandfather’s portion. In just a couple of generations, the prophesies of the people of Bethlehem come true. For what are Boaz, Ruth and Obed now “famous”? (See Matthew 1:5)
Read Galatians 4:4-5 and 1 Peter 1:18-19
8. Who is our kinsman-redeemer? What sacrifice did he make to redeem us?