Rahab Study 1
Read Numbers 33:50-53, Deuteronomy 18:9-14 and 20:17-18
1. Why were the people of Jericho the enemies of God’s people?
Read Joshua 2:1-14
2. Why would the spies have chosen Rahab’s house as a base in Jericho?
3. What does Rahab do to protect the spies?
4. What does she ask in return?
5. What had Rahab heard about their God?
6. What characterised Rahab’s faith at this time? Read Psalm 111:10a
7. How was Rahab’s fear of God different from that of the other people in Jericho?
Rahab Study 2
Read Joshua 2:5-24
1. What was the purpose of the scarlet cord?
Read Exodus 12:21-23 and Revelation 5:9
2. Of what was the scarlet cord a fitting symbol? Why was it able to save Rahab and her family?
3. What was the fate of Jericho? Why was everything destroyed?
Read Joshua 6:25
4. How was Rahab’s faith rewarded?
Read Matthew 1:1 and 5, Hebrews 11:31 and James 2:25-26
5. How was Rahab remembered in the New Testament?
Read Ephesians 2:11-22
6. In what ways was Rahab’s experience of salvation similar to ours? From what were we saved and what marks us as belonging to God?