Ahab and Jezebel Study 1
Read 1 Kings 16:29-33 and 1 Kings 18:4
1. What kind of king was Ahab?
2. What do we learn about Jezebel and her background?
3. What did this royal couple do to provoke God’s anger?
Read 1 Kings 21:1-16
4. Why was Ahab unhappy? What did his behaviour show about his attitude to his people?
5. What would be the response of a godly wife at this point?
6. How did Jezebel respond? What laws did she break?
7. How was Jezebel’s treachery similar to what happened to Jesus in Matthew 26:57-68?
8. Sometimes evil seems to prevail and innocent people suffer. How do we cope when confronted with injustice?
Ahab and Jezebel Study 2
Read 1 Kings 21:17-29
1. For what was Ahab condemned? (especially verses 19 and 22)
2. How did Ahab respond to God’s anger and what was the result?
Read 1 Kings 22:1-9
3. How was Jehoshaphat’s approach to ruling Judah different from Ahab’s rule over Israel?
Read 1 Kings 22:51-53
4. After Ahab’s death, what kind of king was his son Ahaziah?
Read 2 Kings 9:6-13, 21-37
5. What was God’s judgement on Ahab’s wife and sons?
6. What was Jezebel’s response to God’s judgement?
7. What can we learn from Ahab and Jezebel about authority, responsibility and humility?